Learn more about this relatively undefined COVID-19 trend
Why students tend to be more in-tune with finer UI details
Our Recent Posts Section Below features posts primarily written as responses to client questions or certain keywords. It’s not the most organized content, but feel free to read through it if you’d like.
- Why Virtual Hiring Events are Here to StayA job fair, also commonly referred to as a career fair or job expo, is an event centered around conversations in which recruiters ensure a company’s hiring criteria properly align with potential job candidates. Prior to the pandemic, Job fairs were typically held in person but amid the pandemic, the sudden shift from face-to-face to… Continue reading Why Virtual Hiring Events are Here to Stay
- What is a Virtual Career Fair? Step by Step.If you’ve never attended one, the concept of a virtual career fair might be confusing. That said, if you know how physical career fairs work, it’s not hard to get a grasp on virtual ones. They’re designed to fulfill the same role, just virtually. To put it shortly, Virtual Career Fairs simulate Physical Career Fairs… Continue reading What is a Virtual Career Fair? Step by Step.
- What is an Online Orientation?Definition An Online Orientation is a type of virtual orientation where students go through a set of online slides and quizzes to learn more about campus. These slides/quizzes are often called modules. Online orientations can be used to cover a variety of topics from intro to campus, alcohol education, racial sensitivity expectations, and more. Examples… Continue reading What is an Online Orientation?
- How to Promote your Virtual Career Fair Event: Job Fair DirectoriesPromoting your virtual job fair is critical to the event’s success. It goes without saying that if nobody shows up to your fair, your event will be a flop. In this article, we’ll focus on how to promote your event. Specifically, we’ll cover a few online event directories where you can submit your virtual fair.… Continue reading How to Promote your Virtual Career Fair Event: Job Fair Directories
- Five Ideas for your Next New Student OrientationOrientations are some of the most difficult events to plan for. Because every university is different, orientations don’t really have a completely standard format. As an event planner, you really have to come up with activities that fit particularly for your students and university environment. To that end, we’ve prepared 10 ideas for you to… Continue reading Five Ideas for your Next New Student Orientation
- Online Career Fair Platform BenefitsIntroduction Online career fair platforms offer an alternative means for recruiters and students to connect. Although the experience may be different from an in-person fair, online career fair platforms provide several benefits beyond what a traditional in-person fair offers. If you are new to online career fairs, you can learn more about them in our… Continue reading Online Career Fair Platform Benefits
- Email Templates For Following Up With Candidates After A Virtual Job FairWhether you’re hosting a physical career fair or a virtual career fair, reaching out to potential candidates after a career fair is crucial in making your candidates feel valued and respected. Before we dive into templates that you can use for these emails, here are a few pointers to remember when communicating with candidates after… Continue reading Email Templates For Following Up With Candidates After A Virtual Job Fair
- University Orientations in 2021 at a GlanceIntro 2021 might arguably be a stranger year than 2020, when it comes to university orientations. Sure, 2020 was a fiasco, as Orientation directors rushed to change their format from physical to virtual. But at least it was painfully clear that events HAD to be virtual. 2021 presents a strange conundrum where it seems like… Continue reading University Orientations in 2021 at a Glance
- Virtual New Student Orientation StrategiesIntroduction The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the adoption of virtual engagement strategies and forced orientation coordinators to explore new means of hosting their programs and activities. Today, most new student orientations now have virtual components that allow students to engage with programming digitally and build new connections amongst peers. The following are strategies that you can… Continue reading Virtual New Student Orientation Strategies
- Are virtual events better than physical events?When Hosting a Virtual Event might be better than a Physical Event We get this question a lot from university coordinators who started dabbling with virtual events due to COVID. Some see the results of their virtual event and wonder, “isn’t this just better than a physical event?“ The obvious answer is that it depends.… Continue reading Are virtual events better than physical events?